Gift lounges are the hottest new extravagant trend popping up at weddings across the country! Transforming the traditional concept of wedding gifts and guest favors and turning it into a unique gifting experience for guests!
What is a wedding gift lounge? A gift lounge is a room or space filled with a variety of wedding favors and gifts that guests can choose from as they DIY their own gift bags. It’s a deconstructed gifting experience for guests to select the items they want and leave the rest for others to enjoy. This of it as a wedding favors shopping spree except everything for the guests is free! “This trend takes (regular) welcome gift bags for your guests to the next level,” says Glamour.
Gift lounges also make gift giving much more fun for your guests! Its simple. “Instead of stuffing and delivering them yourself, let your guests do the work,” says Livingly.
“Guests fill a personalized tote or other container with items from the spread, which can include custom treats, favors that align with the wedding theme, or any other memorable items” — the possibilities are endless. It makes the wedding favors experience “more personalized and helps ensure that guests leave with what they want,” says Popsugar.com.
How Gift Lounges Work:
Step 1: Select the location of your gift lounge, for example, the reception lobby, side room or a table nearby.)
Step 2: Fill your gift lounge with guest gifts and wedding favors that are both practical and meaningful (see suggestions below). Set your gifts out on tables with little tags next that let guests know what they’re selecting.
Step 3: Provide guests with bags to use while their choosing their wedding favors. You can use personalized or wedding themed tote bags or simple paper gift bags. Place the bags at the gift lounge entrance with a cute sign that says something like, “fill me up until I am tote-ally full of gifts!” to let guests know what to do and how.
Gift Lounge Ideas:
Remember to include things that you enjoy as a couple or that are part of your story along side items that your guests may need to get through the wild wedding weekend ahead! Don’t forget to prominently place personalized tote bags, gift bags or baskets for your guests to fill with their favorite wedding favors and to serve cocktails/beer to enjoy as they roam.
- Wedding weekend itinerary
- A local map of the town (free at any local visitors center)
- Sea Salt Caramels or other candy
- Handcrafted Cookies / Brownies
- Mini personalized spirit bottles
- Mine champagne bottles
- Mini water bottles
- Custom engraved wine glasses
- Custom engraved beer openers
- Granola bars
- Compact size wipes / Tide pens
- Mints / Gum
- Handcrafted Soap
- Customized pens and stationery
- Chips / Candied bacon caramel corn
- For vegan guests: Vegan organic dark chocolates
- Pre made hangover kits (essential!)
- A big gift lounge favorite is the “hangover helper” kit – for obvious reasons! Include mini water bottles, Advil, mints, gum, bandaids, hair ties, mini deodorants, and anything you might need to get your guests through the morning after. Put everything into a small bag to make it easy for guests to grab a kit and go!
Photo: Not On The High Street
Destination Wedding Gift Lounge Ideas:
“This deconstructed welcome bag is perfect for destination weddings,” says the Knot. Some destination wedding specific suggestions include:
- Maps of the area
- Local tour guide
- Personalized luggage tags
- Waterproof phone carriers for boat rides and beach days
- Personal recommendations for excursions and activities
- Mini granola snack packs – perfect travel size for snacks on the airplane!
- Fun facts about the local area
- Mini flags from the area (if international)
- Travel sized YES bars and jerky for on-the-go protein snacks
- A quick translation guide to essential words and phrases (if applicable)
- Candy or snacks from local vendors
- Local wine and Personalized wine bottle cork stoppers
For even more gift lounge inspiration, check out our Wedding Gift Lounges Pinterest board
Are you considering a wedding gift lounge for your wedding?
If you’re planning to wow your guests with a gift lounge, leave a comment below and let us know what you’re planning to include! If you like your suggestion, we’l add it to the list above!
Share your love story with us!
We LOVE love! Submit Your Wedding Proposal Story to Gourmet Wedding Gifts to be featured on our blog.